Following an extensive consultation, carried out across 2018/2019 in partnership with the University of East Anglia and the University of Suffolk, an Interim Board was established to oversee the formation of a Care Association for Norfolk.
In January 2020, Norfolk Care Association Ltd was registered with Companies House as a company limited by guarantee, meaning there are no shareholders and any income/funding will be directed towards achieving the aims of the Association.
Board members are:
- Norfolk Independent Care (NIC) – Sanjay Kaushal
- Association Representing Mental health Care (ARMC) – Michael Millage
- Norfolk and Suffolk Care Support (N&SCS) – Christine Futter
- Community Action Norfolk (CAN) – Jonathan Clemo
- Voluntary Norfolk (VN) – Maria Plumb
The Board is currently supported by independent consultant, Dr Fiona Denny, until a Chief Executive is appointed. Dr Denny led on the original consultation project and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership of Norfolk Care Association Ltd will be open to any provider operating in the Norfolk and Waveney area.
The Aim, Social Purpose and Objectives of Norfolk Care Association Ltd are:
- To act as a single body representing all social care organisations providing direct care to individuals and support to their families and operating in the Norfolk and Waveney area.
Social Purpose and Objectives
- To engage with social care and health commissioners in the Norfolk and Waveney area in discussions on: the cost of care; new policies and guidance; standardisation of systems and procedures that affect social care providers;
- To provide a forum for those working social care to meet and share good practice;
- To provide a first port of call, signposting providers to trusted sources of information and advice;
- To provide other services that the Directors consider would add value to the social care sector.