Have your say
With only a few days before the Norfolk Care Association consultation online survey closes, don’t miss the chance to feed in your views.
So far over we have received almost 180 contributions from social care providers (managers, owners/employers and care workers) either as part of the face to face consultation events last October and/or through the survey. The respondees represent the full range of adult social care services and work with all ages and needs. We continue in our quest to make this consultation as inclusive as possible.
You can complete the online survey by going to the Norfolk Care Consultation website.
The new Care Consultation will be all about supporting social care providers and representing their views to commissioners and policy makers alike. However, the priorities for a Care Association for Norfolk and the way it runs are still to be determined and are the focus of this consultation.
The provider led Executive Steering Group overseeing the consultation is determined that the voice of the sector be sought and acted on throughout.
There are already some excellent and much valued support services available to social care providers but our feedback is that they often work well for one part of the sector or one part of Norfolk but not for everyone. A Care Association offers the opportunity to be a central hub for all social care providers. Below are just a few of the possible services a Care Association for Norfolk might offer:
- a voice for the sector with commissioners and regulators – around the true cost of care but also more widely on systems and processes,
- lobbying/campaigning/raising awareness of the sector generally.
- providing information/advice and specialist support (eg HR/recruitment law/finance)
- Signposting to partner services
- Supporting recruitment and promoting careers in social care
- Co-ordinating peer support networks
- Maximising opportunities to buy services and goods at a discounted rate
The survey will close at 11 pm on Friday 8th February so please find time to take 20 minutes out of your day to give us your views.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Executive Steering Group - Shaping a Care Association for Norfolk